"Left Behind"

By: Greg W Ruoff

In the midst I see myself - Alone
Alone but not lonely.
And then I realize
all that I want has gone and left me
Her spirit is here ... here with me
But her image is just a memory
Shortness of breath ... my body tingles, my eyes swell up
I sit here ... a mess
And trying to find reason
in my problem that has no answer
VOID
VOID
VOID
VOID
VOID
VOID
VOID
Staring at the wall I'm searching for
some semblance of thought
My emotion has commanded all other senses
I'm yearning
My stomach ... gone
My body hollow except for my thoughts
My best friend and my greatest foe
You baffle me, bewilder me, amaze me, arouse me
and give my feelings an identity
that was once John Doe
I am yours ... we are one*
Posted on 11:48 PM by The Angel Eye and filed under | 0 Comments »

0 comments:

Post a Comment